Negotiation is a key part of creating value for your organisation, your business and/or yourself. Your success depends on your personal skills as a negotiator, whether you are seeking resources for your project or team, deciding on a new hire’s salary, or inking a high-stakes deal for your company.
At the end of the training, the participant will be able to:
- Understand negotiation dynamics and how to prepare
- Develop strategies and techniques to achieve success at the bargaining table
- Reflect on personal behaviours and refine your approach to be more effective
- Secure maximum value for your organization and yourself
- Definition and process of negotiation
- Why do we negotiate?
- The 4 biggest challenges in negotiation
- Types of negotiation
- Your specifics field(s) and your challenges (workshop)
- Anatomy of a negotiation
- Understanding the negotiator(s) and their perceptions
- Understanding Interests versus Position
- Positional versus integrative bargaining (win-win principles)
- Some key principles in negotiation
- Argumentation techniques
- The science of persuasion
- Leadership in negotiation
- Managing emotions (yours and theirs)
- The time factor in negotiation
- Tactics commonly used in negotiation
- The top 10 mistakes in negotiation
- How to close a negotiation
Entrepreneurs, managers, buyers and everyone who needs to influence and negotiate as part of their job, activity or needs.
Please note that for environmental reasons no paper version of the training material will be provided for your training. The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal before the start of the course (download the Client Portal User’s Guide here). You will be able to view it on the screen of your mobile device or print it if necessary. If your registration has been made by a training manager of your company please contact him/her so that he/she can give you access to it or send it to you.
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.